1. My favourite meal is blueberry pancakes – so far this week I’ve had them 7 times (and I plan on having
them tomorrow for lunch. And probably Sunday too).
2. I once owned a pair of baby pink Ugg boots, and wore them ALL THE TIME, even in intense
summer weather, so much so that my neighbours referred to me as the “weird
lady with the pink Uggs” – in case you were wondering, I was 39 when this occurred.
3. I am the world’s most competitive person.
4. When I run the family marathons with my kids, I speed up at the end so I can cross the finish line before
they do, and then I spend the rest of the day gloating about how I kicked their little asses! Oh yeah!
Our family My motto: “If you’re not a winner, what are ya? A loser.” Well it’s true!
6. When I see a fat person jogging, I’m torn between yelling out: “You go girl!” and “Run faster!”
7. My girl-crush is Kathrine Hegl.
8. My man-crush is Val Kilmer, but young skinny Val Kilmer, not fat Val.
9. When I did my labour and delivery rotation at the hospital, I fantasized about stealing one of the
newborns – no worries: I”m off that ward now.
10. I’m still convinced all of my dreams will come true including the ones of becoming a bikini model, a
professional hip hop dancer, and an NHL hockey player.
11. I proclaim myself an atheist but secretly fear God will strike me down when I proclaim this.
12. If a new clothing item needs to be ironed after it comes out of the wash, I throw it out.
13. I’m destined to appear on Oprah.
14. I pretend to listen to my husband when he’s talking to me, but I’m actually thinking about my blog.
15. My favourite television program is “Toddlers in Tiaras” ’cause I can make fun of the mothers. Most
- one mother, when speaking of her 3 year old doing pageants: “This is her destiny.”
- “I find it more important to find the crown inside her heart than the one on her head.”
- one mother, when speaking of her 3 year old, “I thought she was pretty good, but now
- I know she’s the devil.” …..seriously! Even I can’t make this shit up.
16. When I read the “Twilight” saga, I pretended I was Bella Swan and Edward Cullen was my boyfriend.
17. When I read a book, I skip to the last pages first to know the ending in case I die before I get to read
it… yup, stole that one right out of “When Harry Met Sally,” but come on, it’s a great idea
18. I have no desire to save the world.
19. I hate deep thoughts – they make me drowsy and give me migraines.
20. When I weight train, my kids are forbidden from talking to me so as not to disrupt my concentration… I
know right! I should weight train all the live long fricken day!
Tune in next time when I list my Top 20 Pet Peeves… you’re wondering, “What only 20?”